Saturday, July 5, 2014

"You're so lucky"

When I am not pregnant, the biggest insult I get is when people say "you are so lucky that you're skinny." Or " you are so lucky your body just bounces back after birth." There is absolutely no luck about it.  I work hard everyday.  It started by staying active and eating healthy through pregnancy and staying within the recommended weight gain.  Then postpartum I worked my butt off each and every day.  In the weeks before I could workout, I was sure my eating was on point. When you are sleep deprived and exhausted it is not easy to make the healthy  choice, but it is just that, a choice. Every bite you put into your mouth is a choice. Then as soon as I could exercise, I got after it. Every day I pushed myself harder then the day  before.  It was not luck that got me  into shape and keeps me in shape.  It is hard work and consistently making the healthy choices in the kitchen. If I don't workout and I eat bad  I gain weight fast. It is about being consistent.  It was not easy or fun but it was worth it.  So as in anything that you work hard for in life it is insulting when your hard work is discredited by saying "your lucky." Yes, there is that small percentage of women who are  very petite naturally but that does not make them fit and healthy. The only way to be fit and healthy is to put in the work in the gym and the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment