Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stay connected

I have been a work at home mom for 4 years now.  I knew I wanted to stay at home with my kids when I had them, and in order to make that work financially that meant that I would work from home.  I always say it is the best of both worlds and worst :-).  I am up early, go to bed late, and work every second they are napping yet I would not have it any other way.  A few months ago I finally got to the point where I was like "what is my purpose?"  The days blur together; make meals, change diapers, pick up after the kids, pick up after the kids, pick up after the kids, do book-work do laundry, do the dishes ect.  Since I work from home and I take phone calls related to work all day we don't do day trips or play dates but once every few months.  I did not leave the house for days or talk to people on a regular basis. Again I LOVE staying at home and could not fathom doing it another way, but somewhere along the way I felt kinda of lost and like I didn't have a purpose.  Even though I had zero extra time, I decided to be a beachbody coach. I have my bachelors degree in health promotion and I am very passionate about helping people live a healthy life, but again I did not want to work outside of the home.  This was my way to have a purpose again and just connect with people who have the same interests as me.  I think it is so important for moms, particularly stay at home moms to have a hobby or something just for them to stay connected with other adults.  It can be a book club, or fitness class, or just getting your nails done with friends.  Just do something to stay connected with people other than your husband and children even if it is an hour a week! Staying at home is the most stressful, unrewarding, AMAZING job in the entire world but it is critical to not lose yourself along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment